Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Busy busy busy....

Way to long since my last blog, as I've been super busy. Our little man turned 1 on Saturday and so I have been kept busy with the prep for that for the last few weeks and have spent the last couple of days recovering! Thankfully everything ran smoothly, we had a party for him with just family and a couple of close friends. 
Even so, it was still 50 people, so there was a bit to organise.

The party was themed around the Disney character Lightning McQueen, from Cars.
The invitations were of course handmade by myself, and every piece apart from the eyes (I was able to use my cricut for these), were hand cut.
They were very time consuming, but I was happy with the end result.



I also made his cake myself, and I'm pretty pleased with it, considering I've never done any sort of cake decorating before.



I'm also about to finish off some invitations for my neice's 5th Birthday, but no pics of them as yet. I will post them probably over the weekend.

Tutorial Request: Over the weekend I will also post up my First tutorial, based upon the card I made for Brenda for her birthday, as seen in my previous post. Thanks Gwen for your request. How exciting for me! :0)

No comments: